Captable is built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. The platform is, and always will be, provided free of charge.
Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which LTSE,
Captable and Captable.io or our subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. If you are
located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law,
please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer.
Your Privacy is our utmost priority
We are committed to protecting our customers' personal information. In the course of providing products and services, we need to collect and maintain your Information.
When you apply for, open, or maintain an account with us, we collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide online and on applications or other forms, or through discussions we have with you or your representatives, such as your company name, your name and email address and names of your company shareholders.
- Information about your transactions with or through us.
- When you visit our website we may also collect information through cookies, clear gifs, log files,
and other tracking technologies, and we may use third party analytics partners to assist with this
collection. We use this information to monitor aggregate use metrics, analyze traffic patterns,
diagnose and fix technology problems and otherwise plan for and enhance our service.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to
Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
We only use your Information to provide services to you, so we use your Information:
- To provide the products and services you request.
- Manage the day-to-day operation and maintenance of accounts.
- To contact you (including by way of e-mail), such as in response to your inquiries and comments.
- To monitor, enhance, and improve our service.
We share data only as needed to perform our service.
We do not share your information with any third party except when explicitly authorized by you, other than in the instances described below:.
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf,
in order to carry out their work for us, which may include hosting services;
administrative or business management services, or analytics services;
- If Captable.io, LTSE or some or all of our assets are acquired or otherwise transferred, or in the unlikely
event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, the personal information of our users may be
transferred to or acquired by a third party. In such cases, we will use our best efforts to provide you
with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of the transfer of personally identifiable information; and
- With third parties as required to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena/court order,
legal process or other government request, (ii) enforce our Terms of Service, including the investigation
of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or
allegations, (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Captable, LTSE, our users or
the public as required or permitted by law and (v) detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal
(including fraud), security or technical issues.
- We may also share information with others in an aggregate and anonymous form that does not reasonably
identify you directly as an individual or identify your business. For example, we may provide information
about our users in aggregate to demonstrate the effectiveness of our service.
The protection of your data is also our top priority. Below we outline how we secure and backup your data.
Your data is safe with us
We work hard to protect our customers from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- All access to Captable.io is over a secure (SSL encrypted) connection. The same applies for all data sent between Captable.io servers on our internal network.
- We do not store your password. Instead, we store a salted cryptographic hash of your password so that even if our database is compromised, all passwords will be secure.
- Backups are stored offsite and are encrypted using PKI cryptography. Captable.io performs daily backups of the entire database.
Captable.io's servers are hosted with Amazon Web Services in multiple US regions.
Updates to This Policy
We may update this policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the
"effective date" below and will post the updated Policy on this page.
means you are consenting to these changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
340 S. Lemon Ave #2197
Walnut, CA 91789
Effective date: July 6, 2016